I have finally finished reading through the released discovery documents, it was 400 pages.
Below is a breakdown of new information that stood out to me.
The abandoned car:
- The car was noticed by an Amscot employee on June 28, she made a note of the car being abandoned by a dumpster and called her boss, who told her to report it to the police to see if the car was stolen, if it was not stolen, he said to wait two days and then call a tow truck. On June 30th, the Amscot employee called the tow truck.
*This is a very interesting time, as it means Casey was without the car from June 28th until July 15th.
- Cindy Anthony received a letter on July 15th which told her the car was abandoned and towed.
- George and Cindy went to the towing lot to pick up the vehicle.
- George told the manager there that his daughter was missing for a month and that it was her car and that his granddaughter was still missing.
- The manager of the towing company and George opened the car together and an extremely foul odor escaped the car, they opened the trunk and flies came out, in the trunk they found a garbage bag full of papers, an EMPTY pizza box and maggots.
- The bag was tossed over the fence into a garbage pit, but later it was taken as evidence.
- The manager of the towing company mentioned the scent to George and George had no reply.
- Caylee's baby doll without clothing
- Caylee's Dora the Explorer backpack
- A bag and belt
- A dinner knife (Cindy admits to removing the knife and cleaning it before giving it to police).
- A child's toothbrush
- Casey's clothing which Cindy also washed before giving to police.
- A piece of paper with Amy's (Casey's friend) telephone number, it was on the passenger seat.
- Anthony Lazzaro is Casey's boyfriend, he says he saw Caylee on June 2nd, she and her mother came over for a swim at his complex. He says beginning on June 9th Casey began telling him Caylee was with her nanny at various places.
*This date of June 9th is extremely important because it is the same date Casey originally gives for the last time she saw her daughter, this is the date she says she left her daughter with the nanny. Anthony Lazzaro claims that beginning on JUNE 9 Casey basically moved in with him and spent every night with him without Caylee.
- Casey Anthony's ex-fiance Jesse Grund discovered she had deleted more than 200 photos of her and her with Caylee that were online and over a months worth of comments and posts.
- Jesse Grund states he experienced two strange encounters with Casey from 6/22 to 7/3. He is not sure of the date but insists Casey called him and asked him if she could take a shower at his house, she said she was not living with her parents because of a fight they had and her boyfriend Tony was out of town. He also says on July 3 Casey texted him and told him not to pick up calls from her parents and she will explain why later and to stay out of it. He called her the next day and she told him the story was too long and maybe she will tell him one day when she is drunk.
- Longtime friend Ryan Pasley got a call from Cindy Anthony earlier this summer. He said she warned him against talking to Casey because "she's been lying about a lot of stuff and . . . stole money from her and her grandmother." Cindy Anthony called her daughter a "sociopath." When asked what would make Casey Anthony open up to detectives, Pasley replied, "the fear of God."
- Anthony Lazzaro said Casey would often abruptly state that Caylee was with ZANNY the NANNY at Disney or that they were at Cocoa Beach for the week and each time she would say, "Oh, they are staying another day". He began to feel strange about the nanny being with Caylee more than the mother and Casey soon after began to mention how during the day while he was at school, she had visited with Caylee.
*Zanny the Nanny is a character from a children's book.
Other information she gave Anthony Lazzaro:
- She told him she hated her father and wished her mother would leave him.
- She said she had her Associates degree and was currently enrolled in Valencia College. FALSE: Law Enforcement confirmed she was not nor ever enrolled in any classes at Valencia College.
- She said she had a lot of money saved, about $15,000 - FALSE: She had no such account.
- She often boasted about being a single young mother and having a nanny and good job and making it all work. FALSE: She claimed to be an event planner for Universal Studios, Law Enforcement discovered she was not currently employed at Universal.
- She would take all her calls outside the apartment and never let Lazzaro hear what she was talking about, when he asked her about it, she said she didn't want him to hear her fight with her mother.
*I think Caylee may have had a cellphone and would call her mother from the car where she was alone. I think also Casey would tell her mother that Caylee was with her asleep and such and she did not want Anthony Lazzaro to hear her lies.
- She claimed her parents were going to leave her the house, but because her mother found her father had cheated, they no longer were leaving her the house. Several of her friends repeated this story to detectives.
Phone Calls, Emails & text Messages:
- Casey Anthony sent a mass text to her friends on July 16th, this was after her mother found her and police were called in. In her text she said Caylee was missing and had been missing for 32 days and if anyone had information they should call her. This text message sent a shock wave through her circle of friends, these friends thought it was a joke since they had been hearing for weeks that Caylee was with the nanny at Disney World, Sea World, Universal, Cocoa Beach, Sandford Florida and various other places.
- One of her childhood friends replied in disbelief to the text message and asked Casey what she should be looking for, Casey told her a "Silver Ford Focus 4 door".
*Please note, she did indeed provide Law Enforcement with a description of Zanny the Nanny and this Ford, but she did this through her family and NOT in the initial interview.
- Casey claims that on July 12th Zenaida the Nanny called her but she had no opportunity to ask where she and Caylee were and she spent everyday after that searching malls, parks and any other place she thought she may see them, she also had gone to popular bars and clubs looking for information. She claims that she lied and stole money from friends and family in order to search for Caylee.
- Casey also claims she spoke to Caylee on July 15th around noon. She says the call came into her cellphone from a private number and that Caylee was fine and talking about a book she was reading, she said she asked Caylee to put an adult on the phone, but then the phone went dead. FALSE: According to cellphone records Casey did not receive a call from a private number around noon time on this date, actually she did not receive a call at all anywhere near this time of day.
*Interesting point: Very interesting, during the police interview at Universal Studios when detectives figure out she did not work there, she tells them she got a call from Caylee the day before but was unable to get her daughter to tell her where she was, she says Caylee kept talking about a book, however when the detective asks her why her daughter did not seem upset considering she had NOT seen her mother in almost 5 weeks, Casey says that she never got upset about not seeing her, that Caylee could go days without seeing her, but HAD IT BEEN HER MOTHER (CINDY) that Caylee would have been upset.
This is a direct link to when she states to Cindy when Cindy is asking to speak to Caylee during the those weeks of not seeing her that CASEY says NO because Cindy will upset her. Which means Caylee often missed her grandmother and would cry to see her, but not so with her own mother.
Starting in April and May of 2008 Casey seemed busy with her job at Universal as an event planner. On her computer many emails were found from her boss Thomas Francks and many other associates, Cheryl, Gabe, Manny and so many other names its hard to keep track. There were emails with schedules for events and many people were copied. Most emails were telling Casey to meet at a certain time and prepare to work the night. Law enforcement tried to contact these people and the email addresses failed, the human resources department told detectives that those individuals, including Casey had never worked at Universal and even the name of the department and the titles of the individuals were incorrect on the emails.
This means that Casey was sending these fake emails to herself and having conversations with herself using fake names and events. WHY?
That email was generated to keep mom and dad at bay. But for how long? Come June Cindy was catching on as she told one of Casey's childhood friends NOT to TRUST her because she was a Sociopath and a liar.
Casey's lies were catching up with her. Now she had a new boyfriend, mom found out her job was fake and they had a huge fight, she takes Caylee and leaves ...and then what? The new boyfriend thinks she is a big shot, with a great job and wonderful Nanny. What does she do now? No job, no Nanny, no mom and dad?
but I digress..there is a lot more in the documents from her friends, all of which can't believe the level of her lying. The interrogation at Universal Studios was very interesting and amazing in that Casey would not back down from her lies, although she admitted she lied, she never drifted away from her story about the Nanny. She kept saying that in a backward sort of way she was trying to help by lying.
I believe this case is very simple. It is about a girl who lied about almost every aspect of her life and now those lies were crashing down on her and not only did she have to care for herself, but she also had to care for a 2 year old and she could not have the boyfriend, the job, the fun with the child.I seriously believe that on June 9th, Casey began leaving Caylee alone asleep in that car overnight, either by drugging her on leaving her in a remote area. I believe she checked on her during the day and brought her food and such. On June 15th she is with her grandmother visiting her great grandfather and in those pictures, there is something dark in her eyes and I believe by that time she was familiar with the car.
I think an accident occurred while that child was alone and that Casey then covered it up, but I don't think she did it alone.I hope this saga ends soon. I need my sleep.